Luke and Susie’s “Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things” Competition
Terms and Conditions
The following stipulates Terms and Conditions of entry for Luke and Susie’s “Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things” Competition featured on Luke and Susie/Backseat Drivers (ABN 22 412 469 452) trading as DOC Media. Any references to Luke and Susie fall under the domain of the Luke and Susie radio show or The 96five Backseat Drivers.
By entering this competition, entrants agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply in conjunction with Luke and Susie’s General Terms and Conditions. Where there is any inconsistency, these Terms and Conditions will prevail. These Terms and Conditions are available at www.lukeandsusie.com.
The competition commences on Wednesday 6th July 2016 at 6am (AEST) with entries closing on Friday 15th July 2016 at 7pm (AEST). Six winners will be drawn by Luke and Susie’s official panel from Sunday 10th July 2016 to Sunday 17th July 2016. 1-2 winners will be announced each day between Monday 11th July 2016 and Monday 18th July 2016.
2. Method of Entry
All entrants acknowledge that Luke and Susie can rely on this clause at any time, even if Luke and Susie only learns of a person’s ineligibility after Luke and Susie has nominated the person as the winner or after a person has been awarded the prize. Return of the prize or payment of its value to DOC Media can be required by Luke and Susie if this occurs.
- Entry is open to permanent residents of Australia.
- Entrants may not self-nominate.
- Each household may only win one prize, regardless of the amount of times nominated.
- Entrants must enter the competition online at www.lukeandsusie.com and complete the various web forms by 7pm on Friday 15th July 2016.
- During the timeframe of the competition; 6am Wednesday 6th July 2016 – 7pm Friday 15th July 2016, entrants must submit via the web form why the person/s or family they are nominating should win Luke and Susie’s “Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things” Competition as well as all required information.
- All nominations will remain in the nomination pool right throughout the entirety of the competition.
- Entrants are permitted to participate in other Luke and Susie competitions during this competition.
Any entry to this competition is also deemed invalid and disqualified if:
- A person who is an employee, officer, servant, volunteer or contractor of Luke and Susie or its related bodies corporate or associates or any of its agencies and radio stations involved with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of a person referred to in paragraph (a) above;
- A person who has used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by Luke and Susie;
- A person who refuses to comply with or breaches any terms of these General Competition Entry Rules.
- A person that has won a Luke and Susie prize to the value of $5,000 or more in the last 12 months.
Luke and Susie reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to also disqualify any person/s for:
- Tampering with the entry process, including exceeding any limitation on the
- number of entries, or any other process as determined by Luke and Susie that in any way affects the fairness of the promotion, including fraudulent information;
- Tampering with the operation of the competition or web site;
- Acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or
- If an entrant selected as a winner is found to be in breach of any term or condition of entry.
- The winning entries will be drawn by Luke and Susie from Monday 11th July 2016 to Sunday 17th July.
- In the event that a winner is disqualified, General Competition Entry Rules will apply and a new winner may be selected.
- Once Luke and Susie have selected a winning entry, they will then be telephoned between between Sunday 10th July 2016 and Sunday 17th July 2016 from the Luke and Susie Studio on the contact number that was provided. In the event the winner selected fails to answer their telephone after two attempts, a new winner may be selected and the process will continue until a winner has answered their phone.
- One winner will be announced each day from Monday 11th July 2016 – Friday 15th July 2016. One major winner will be announced on Monday 18th July 2016 during the Luke and Susie radio show.
- The Luke and Susie official panel’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision.
4. The Prize
- 1 of 5 x Coles Group and Myer Gift Card to the value of $200.00 each (Maximum value is: $1,000.00)
- 1 x Coles Group and Myer Gift Card to the value of $1,000.00 (Maximum value is: $1,000.00)
- Maximum prize pool value is: $2,000.00.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- All additional costs incurred will be at the expense of the winner, including travel expenses to and from the shopping centre of choice and any other expenses not outlined in the inclusions, including other related expenses – unless by exception as determined by Luke and Susie.
- All prize items are valued inclusive of GST and Luke and Susie takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Coles Group and Myer Gift Cards won through the “Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things” competition will be posted by Luke and Susie to the agreed address. If an address has not been supplied within 60 days you will forfeit your prize.
- The prize winner will be required to produce appropriate confirmation of identification, which will be recorded for security purposes only prior to transfer of the prize.
Luke and Susie will notify the winners by phone and will publish the names of the winners of Luke and Susie’s Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things competition on www.lukeandsusie.com within 96 hours of the winner being selected. This will remain on the website for at least 28 full days.
In the event of the winner choosing not to accept the prize, they forfeit any and all claims to the prize which will then be transferred to Luke and Susie. The unclaimed prize [which may be of a lesser value] will then be rewarded to the next, second best entrant.
The prize is accepted entirely at the risk of the winner and Luke and Susie excludes all warranties in connection with the prize to the extent permitted by law. Luke and Susie, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resultant of any ‘on’ or ‘off’ air competition staged by the station.
Luke and Susie accepts no responsibility for the loss of postage materials if lost or destroyed between sending and delivery. Postage is at the winner’s risk.
Luke and Susie accepts no responsibility should the winner fail to redeem their prize before the expiry date of the prize.
A person who enters a competition releases from and indemnifies Luke and Susie (ABN 22 412 469 452) and all partner radio stations (including but not limited to 96five) from and against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize or participation in any competition including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct, indirect, consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission, or otherwise, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
The winner will be required to sign and return any liability release provided by Luke and Susie and/or its contractors as a condition of the prize being awarded.
Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities will result in the entitlement to the prize being forfeited and the prize will be returned back to Luke and Susie to then be given away as they see fit.
Once in the possession of the winner, should the Coles Group and Myer Gift Card be lost, stolen, or misplaced, Luke and Susie will not replace the prize and is not liable or responsible for the lost, stolen, or misplaced prize. The winner is solely responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt and use of the prize and any additional costs are not the responsibility of Luke and Susie or its affiliates.
Subject to state regulation, Luke and Susie may terminate any contest at any time at its absolute discretion. In the event of such termination, Luke and Susie may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any prize in respect of the terminated contest.
Luke and Susie assumes no responsibility for any error, defect, delay, theft or unauthorised access to or altering of entries. Subject to any written directions given under the applicable law, if for any reason, the competition is not capable of operating as planned, including infection by computer viruses, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of Luke and Susie which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the competition, then Luke and Susie reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this competition.
8. Technical Failure
Luke and Susie is not responsible for lost, interrupted communications or unavailable network server or other connections, failed telephone, mid delivery or computer transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
9. Copyright and ownership of Entries
Competition entries and material submitted in connection with any competition.
- (Whether written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those) or any photographs, video and/or film footage and/or audio recording taken of competitors are assigned to Luke and Susie upon submission and become the property of Luke and Susie which may use the material in any medium in any reasonable manner it sees fit. Copyright in any such material remains the sole property of Luke and Susie.
- All such entries and material remain the property of Luke and Susie (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement).
- All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that Luke and Susie has the right to publicise and/or broadcast his/her name, character, likeness, voice, or all matters incidental herein.
- Luke and Susie may record and use the Personal Information for its own marketing, planning, product development, promotional, broadcasting and research purposes, including but not limited to using the winner's name, suburb of residence, likeness and a recording of the winner's voice for advertising and promotional purposes.
- Photographic material and images of the winners may be used in a variety of promotional material for Luke and Susie.
11. The decision of Luke and Susie relating to any matter is final and no correspondence will be entered into relating to a decision.
12. The promoter is DOC Media, trading as Luke and Susie.